2012/09/22

Little House on the Prairie




Laura's family moves in Indian Territory in Kansas, following the government promise to give land to settlers in the west. Pa and Ma build their log house and a stable. Pa sells hunted animals' fur and buys necessities and a plow. He helps cowboys herd cattle and gets a calf.
Indians occasionally appear and Ma and the girls are scared, but Pa says Indians are not bad people. The family gets along with neighbors and has a simple, but heartwarming Christmas dinner together. One day a wild fire broke out across the prairie and the family successfully protect their property from it. All the Indian tribes gather together and make much commotion several nights in a row. The family worries a lot about it and can't sleep well. The nocturnal disturbance recedes and Pa hears that the Indians had a rift over a war against white people. The Indians leave their territory and laura's family reluctantly moves out because of the government's new policy.
초원의 집 is a TV series I liked watching when I was in elementary school. I reminisce about the carefree happy days of my childhood. I could picture how hard the life back then was and how diligently the settlers lived to build a community against all odds. The puritanical parents who are moral, frugal, and down-to-earth impressed me a lot. Their life plays a role in shaping my so-called pro-Americanism and made me think how I have to lead my life.

This is Melissa Sue Anderson who played Mary Ingalls in the TV show. I felt sorry for her when she became blind.
It's pleasant to see the girls running down the hill. Ouch, the youngest tumbles down.


No comments:

Post a Comment