2015/02/16

Week 1 of Homestay & School visit in Keller, TX (02 04 2015 - 02 09 2015)

02/04  Welcome lunch at Bette Perot Elementary School
Finally I met my host mom, Mindy, who is one of the sweetest persons I've ever met. From the far left: Julie, my housemate; Ms. Kim, Julie's mentor; Me; Sarah Han; Mindy I was fond of. 
My home had 2 dogs and 2 cats though I was not accustomed  to having pets around. My family was kind enough to stay their pets away from me because I told I was kind of scared of animals. 
My encounter with Cooper was dramatic. Actually Cooper was taken aback by me, a complete stranger back then. 





9133 Tate Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76244















02/05  Dinner with the Gants and the Baileys at Mi Cucina (means My Kitchen)



















The Gants and the Baileys were all together at a Mexican restaurant. I especially asked Mindy and Elizabeth to bring 8th grader Elise to the dinner. I wanted to talk to a real American middle schooler, but she was demure and shy. Thankfully, she accepted my offer of becoming a pen pal for one of my Korean students. 
Acrobatic Cat Show at Stage West Theatre 
Since Lilly's favorite pet is a cat, we all went to see a group of cats performing acrobatics. According to the main trainer, all of the felines were stray cats and she encouraged the viewers to be a new owner.
























02/07  Rodeo & Stock Show 
Rodeo was a must-see show in Texas. This show was said to have more than a century old. Cowgirls on horseback looked fascinating, especially when they made their horses gallop.



I realized that copying even one stroke of Monet's Water Lilly was very hard. His strokes and colors were definitely the fruit of his hard work.


02/08  Altitude trampoline park & Geocaching


I became a geocacher. We went out to find geocaches hidden relatively near the neighborhood. They were all hidden in camouflage. The smartest geocache was the one inside the pole of the fence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment