2012/05/27

Sosu Academy & Seodaemun Prison Memorial




I got bored and tired with the work at the publishing company, and began to consider studying architecture. The Buddhist temples and traditional buildings I went to with a group of architects healed my soul. 
Sosu Academy is the very place I've longed to visit again. It's already been more than a decade. The pine trees look the same, and make me feel so good. I almost cry. The pavilion 취한대 on the opposite side of the academy looks like a good place to meditate and relax, overlooking the slow flow of the stream. What a languorous day! The old buildings and the peonies in the sun. 
I've struggle to keep my faith and you, pine trees, stay there and welcome me. I want to live a life of integrity. Please behold me if I go in the right direction. 


국보 제180호 1844년
'날씨가 차가워진 뒤에야 송백만이 홀로 시들지 않음을 안다'고 했듯이 사람이 어려움에 처했을 때 그 사람의 진정한 모습을 볼 수가 있다
Only after it gets cold, one knows it is pine trees that don't wither away. When you are in trouble, you get to know who is on your side and who isn't. A friend in need is a friend indeed. Don't be a fair-weather friend. 




I felt very grateful for what independence activists/patriots did to liberate my country during the Japanese rule at Seodaemun Prison Memorial. It was heartwrenching to look at the execution building. It is said that the executed stopped by the tall poplar tree right in front of the entrance and left their last words. I will read some books written by 리영희.













No comments:

Post a Comment