2013/10/02

Britpop rivalry

Culture Club vs. Duran Duran (in the 80s)
Boy George was prettier than a girl back then. I'm not sure whether he is gay or not. Doesn't matter. I grew up listening to their music. My classmate once impersonated him. It was fun. 
John Taylor stood out among the members. Like there was a halo above his head. Diana, Princess of Wales, fueled their popularity by declaring Duran Duran is her favorite band. 
Which band did I prefer? 
  



Blur vs. Oasis (in the 90s)
A battle raged for the hearts of youth around the two bands. Like Oasis said they are the next Beatles, the piano part is definitely evocative of the Beatles.









...
And more about things from the 90s.

It was sort of my ritual to go directly to Power Station, the biggest record shop in downtown Seoul when every pay day came. (Making money was a good thing after all. :-) I was able to get anything I wanted to.) I lavished quite a lot of money on CDs. Back home, I stayed up till late checking out the new songs. 
File:Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory album cover.jpg

Pulp's song was perfect to spice up the movie, The Great Expectations. 




It was like getting struck by lightning when I first listened to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. I instantly loved it! Kurt Cobain (February 20, 1967 – April 5, 1994).  I love him, but did he have to live that way? 

     



It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you're not. -Kurt Cobain

I like this picture with him having converse sneakers on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment