2013/10/22

Hiking on the Alps

Switzerland was just on the itinerary. It's situated on the way from Austria. I was never fascinated by anything Swiss. Even the Alps didn't attract me. Until I went on a hike to the lakes. 
I was at 3100.82m above sea level. Close to the Matterhorn in the Alps. It was well worth of skipping breakfast. I had thought nothing would take my breath away other than aurora. (I haven't seen it, though. I will.) The hiking around the 5 lakes spread across the snow-covered mountain was overwhelming and unforgettable. Among the 5 lakes, Riffelsee was the best! So beautiful! I could get rid of all the stressful things that got me burned out at work. I initially planned to come down before breakfast, but I wanted to stay longer. I will be happy for a while with this memory. 




No comments:

Post a Comment